Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie

Read For:
ROR Winter Challenge
RYOB Challenge

Synopsis:
Beth Ackerley knows Lord Ian Mackenzie is mad. Only a madman would give a woman he had never met before a letter warning her not to wed her fiancé and then propose to her. Beth knows Ian is bad for her. One kiss from Ian, and Beth is prepared to give up her quiet new life as a widow and indulge in a scandalous affair with the sexy Scottish nobleman. But Beth knows that Ian is not dangerous. Even if everyone else in society might believe he is connected to the murder of two different women, Beth believes Ian is innocent, even if it means risking her life to prove her faith in him.


My Review:
I really like Jennifer Ashley. I've read several of her books, under Jennifer Ashley, and her other psuedonyms, and have enjoyed them. I  liked this book except for the amount of "relating" to each other the hero and heroine do via their sexual encounters. It seemed like the entire story was about the hero hiding the heroine away and having sex with her. I would have enjoyed learning more about their relationship outside the bedroom, their characters and the secondary characters. In my opinion, having any book filled with sex scenes as "filler" is the lazy writers out, and is disappointing because I know this author can do better.


That being said, I still enjoyed this book enough to give it four stars, but not five for missed opportunities. I'm still looking forward to reading the other characters stories though.

No comments:

Post a Comment