Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yesterday's book haul from the thrift shop......

Since I was in Port Arthur/Groves yesterday for a doctor's appointment I decided to stop by my favorite PA thrift shop, The Mission's Attic, to see if they had any books I might like. Like any good thrift shop visit-you may find nothing that time, you may hit a goldmine:). Well, yesterday was "good pickings", I found quite a few goodies, including a RARE book I've been lusting after finding for years, Phantom by Susan Kay. I could not believe I found it-and it was just 25 cents!

Yesterday's haul-I got all these for about $5.50!


1-The Warrior's Damsel by Denise Hampton-Medieval Romance-25 cents
2-Kenjiro by Pat Barr-old 1985 Historical Fiction-big chunky book at 499 pages :)-25 cents
-Night Whispers by Lynn Erickson-Romantic Suspense-25 cents
4-The Countess and The Butler by Elizabeth Brodnax-OOP Signet Regency-10 cents
5-Beauty and The Duke-2009 Historical Romance-25 cents
6-O-Roarke's Treasure by Maggie Lyons-Victorian Era Romance-Precious Gem Historical Romance (these are getting harder to find)-10 cents
7-To Sin With a Stranger by Kathryn Caskie-2008 Historical Romance-25 cents
8-Flying Chances by Sara Gruen-Fiction (same author as Water For Elephants)-25 cents




9-Tess and The Highlander by May McGoldrick-One of the few Avon True Romances I do not have-getting hard to find-these were a small series Avon tried-they are Historical Romances for teens by well known adult romance authors-25 cents
10-Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson-Western Romance-25 cents
11-Phantom by Susan Kay-YES! This is a hard to find book that is popular with Historical Romance fans as it's a retelling of The Phantom of The Opera-in overall good condition except for a bit of mustiness, even the attached bookmark is intact :)-I looked and this book sells for about $20-$25 on Amazon! I'll read it then probably resell it, unless it really grabs me:)-paid 25 cents :)
12-Indiscretions by Gail Ranstrom-Harlequin Historical Regency, always happy to find one I need-10 cents
13-Thonyhold by Mary Stewart-Historical Fiction-book looks like it's never even been read-25 cents
14-The Tarot Spell by Willo Davis Roberts-always tickled to find these old Gothic Romances, this one is 1970! 10 cents
15-Sleepless At Midnight by Jacquie D'Alessandro-Historical Romance-25 cents
16-A Thousand Words For Stranger by Julie Czerneda-a Science Novel that we needed :) Cool Luis Royo cover-25 cents





17-One Candlelit Christmas-Regency Anthology Harlequin Historical-10 cents
18-Outcast by Joan Johnston-2009 Romantic Suspense-looks brand new-25 cents
19-Isle of Lies by Donna Fletcher-Medieval Romance-25 cents
20-Hidden Fires by Betina Krahn-Historical Romance-25 cents
21-Rivington Street by Mededith Tax-old 1983 Historical Fiction that looked interesting as it's set in Victorian/Edwardian era, beautiful cover art-25 cents

There were about 5 I bought that I ended up already having but I'll just bring then to Half Price books on our next trip.

I love getting 20+ books for then than the price of one new one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment