Friday, October 30, 2009

Unfinished-Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

Read For:
ROR Fall Challenge (Read a book by an author you've "given up" on-call it one more try)

Well, I know I'll be in the minority for not "getting" her books, but I tried Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow-quit it after about 60 pages in, and multiple times of falling asleep while trying to read it. I also didn't like her Dante Valentine series so I think I just moved her books to my "skip" list. Fortunately I've found all my previous purchases at the library tag sales so I didn't lose money on them.

While I like "kick butt heroines" as much as the next girl-it can't just be about kicking butt with no character development. Her heroines just seem one dimensional-all action with no getting into their emotional back story.

No comments:

Post a Comment