Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red, Red Rose by Marjorie Farrell

Read For:
ROR Fall Reading Challenge
Royal's Romance Reading Challenge
RYOB Challenge

Synopsis:
In Regency England, the conventional daughter of an army major finds herself rescued from roving bandits by a dashing officer from General Wellington's staff. But even as the officer courts the young lady, he is haunted by his status as a bastard son to the Earl of Farringdon, and considers himself unworthy of her affections. When his half-brother dies, he is overcome with grief and allows himself to find solace in her arms. Will her love inspire the necessary courage within him to claim his birthright and his place among the aristocracy?.

My Review:
a bit slow going but still entertaining. Much more of a novel about the hero, Valentine, than a Romance. Regency, but the characters are involved in the war and most of the story is set on the frontlines. The heroine is the daughter of a Major who "follows the drum" along with her mother. Medium romance and love scenes pretty tame. 3 stars.

I feel the need to add this: I was reading this book when we had to put my father in Hospice so the book may be honestly BETTER than I thought, but I was so preoccupied with the situation with my dad that I didn't enjoy the book as much as I could have.



No comments:

Post a Comment