Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Review: Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris


My Amazon Review:

why are they hot for Sookie?......
,
December 9, 2008
like many other fans of the series, the increasing male supernatural characters getting lathered up for Sookie in previous books was getting a bit odd and off putting. Finally, in book six, we learn there may be a supernatural reason for their lust-though I will not blow it for you. Needless to say, it was a quirky new addition to the Southern Vampire world built by Ms. Harris.

Overall, I really enjoyed book 6, though it did have as many flaws as perfections. Like other reviewers, my biggest complaint was the sudden introduction of Sookie's cousin Hadley storyline. The story was introduced like such a "given" that I wondered if I had somehow missed it in a previous book. It seems like it was actually introduced in a short story, so I have to knock off half a star for thoroughly confusing this reader. Bad Charlaine! LOL
But there was enough supernatural action, laughs, drama, and Southern sexiness to satisfy this reader.
4.5 stars-recommended!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it, I'm in book 2 right now, Living Dead in Dallas, and falling badly for Eric.. YUM YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm definitely more on the Eric team than the Bill team too :)

    ReplyDelete