Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Book Bucket List for 2011

http://lisaisabookworm.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-book-bucket-list-for-2011.html
I'm really liking the idea of this challenge but I'm going to "tweak" it a bit for my needs.


 My dresser in my bedroom is covered literally with several hundred books! I'm going to make my "bucket list" for this challenge 50 of those. My only rule is-no go backs! If I start to read one and it doesn't grab me, it goes in the get rid of box, not back on top of the dresser. I want those 50 books G-O-N-E one way or another by 12/2011 :)

The rules:
I have MANY books on my shelves that I have not read.  "Too many books, too little time."  Maybe what I need to do is prioritize my reading.  

I have decided that for 2011, I will read 50 of the books that have been sitting on my "to read" shelf for too long, some for  three years or more.

I read at least two books a week, so it should be no problem, right?  I will remind myself of that when the end of 2011 comes, and see how many I may try to cram in at the last minute.  My problem when it comes to reading is , my intentions are good, but I am easily distracted.  There are so many books that I find and want to read, and some great books are moved farther on the back burner.  

 I am going to keep a list in my sidebar for the year, as I read them I will cross them off, that way there will always be a reminder for me when I get on my blog.  It won't become buried under all of my posts and forgotten.



My List:

1-The carolinians by Jane Barry
2-A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas
3-The White Witch of Rosehall by Herbert G.de Lisser
4-Killer Takes All by Erica Spindler
5-The Charmed Sphere by Cathrine Asaro
6-The Glass Slipper by Linda O. Johnston
7-Barbara Cartland: Three Complete Novels by Barbara Cartland
8-French Leave by Sheri Cobb South
9-Thornfield Hall by Emma Tenant
10-Soft Focus by Jayne AnnKrentz
11-Caroline and Julia by Clare Darcy
12-Blue Heaven, Black Night by Shannon Drake
13-suspicious by nora roberts
14-Guardian of Honor by Robin D. Owens
15-the rope dancer by Roberta Gellis
16-The code of love cheryl sawyer
17-molly by teresa crane
18-the sicilian amulet by jo manning
19-the jeweled daughter  by Anne Maybury
20-Emma Hamilton by Norah Lofts
21-a singular hostage by Thalassa Ali
22-pride prejudice and jasmin field by Melissa Nathan
23-Circle of Death by Keri Arthur
24-Love Came Just In Time by Lynn Kurland
25-Wizard's Ward by Deborah Hale
26-Olivia Joules and The Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding
27-the secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd
28-A Witch's Lament by Catherine Anne Collins 
29-daneclere by Pamela Hill
30-Beatrice Goes To Brighton by Marion Chesney
31-Fancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake
32-Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist
33-The Art of Arrow Cutting by Stephen Dedman 
34-Hunter's Moon by Karen Robards
35-Moon Shadow by Laura Parker
36-The Day of The Butterfly by Norah Lofts
37-Ratcatcher by James McGee
38-Resurrectionist by James McGee
39-Danger Zone by Shirley Palmer
40-The Flowering by Agnes Sligh Turnbull
41-poison study maria v. snyder
42-Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris
43-Smuggler's Summer by Carola Dunn
44-Firedrake's Eye by Patricia Finney
45-the fifteen streets by Catherine Cookson
46-Lady Robyn R. Garcia y Robertson
47-Charity Girl By Georgette Heyer
48-Let There Be Blood by Jane Jakeman
49-Feathers In The Fire by Catherine Cookson
50-The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan 


Red line=tried but quit it
Black line=finished


No comments:

Post a Comment