Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 The Buck Stops Here Challenge

January 1, 2011-December 31, 2011
I've always been thrifty-what some might call cheap :).

I love to use my bargain detecting skills when it comes to books. Some of my most beloved books actually cost me mere cents to nothing to purchase. I love Library Sales, Thrift Shops and Garage Sales. I've received bargains from swapping sites like www.paperbackswap.com or some small town Used Book Stores. And now with the plethora of cheap to FREE  bargain books on my e-reader? Forget about it-I'm in book Heaven! LOL



If you share my affliction for literature for less then this is the challenge for you. What fantastic books have you purchased for (up to) a mere dollar? Was the book worth it's weight in gold or not worth a plugged nickel?

The Rules:

Read, review (optional) and post where you found your bargain book. The book can be paper or ebook, it can be FREE  or cost you up to ONE DOLLAR maximum.  No loaned books-the book must be yours even if it was a freebie.









Level one -3 bargain books


Level two-6 bargain books


Level three-10 bargain books


*Bonus! Level four "proud cheapskate"-52 bargain books!* 


(those who complete this level will receive a nifty "Proud Cheapskate" blog award from me to post on their blog)

Books can be posted in other challenges and both bloggers and non bloggers welcome. Any and all genres welcome as well.

2011 Buck Stops Here Challenge Reviews HERE



Sign up below.




8 comments:

  1. I'm in for level 3. Thanks for another great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for level 3 too, this will be fun! Thanks for creating this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for level 1. (just when I swore I wasn't entering another challenge LOL). One of my best past bargains was at goodwill. They had all of the Anne of Green Gables books in a box set on sale for $5 plus it had a green sticker on it and it was half off green sticker day. Meaning I got all 7 books for just $2.50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Mommy Wants to read, DuskyLiterati and Daisy Chain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if we are supposed to post results here or not, but I managed to hit Level 2 - here's my ongoing blog post! http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/01/buck-stops-here-challenge.html If this should be elsewhere please let me know! And thanks again, this is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have opted for level two. I am reading lots of free public domain ebooks downloaded fron Gutenberg. So signed up for both these challenges.

    ReplyDelete