Thursday, May 6, 2010

His Secondhand Wife by Cheryl St. John

Read For:
ROR Spring Challenge
RYOB Challenge
Royal Romance Challenge
Countdown Challenge

Synopsis:
NOAH CUTTER WAS A MAN OF HIS WORD...

Scarred in body and soul, rancher Noah didn't consider himself fit company for anyone. But when his brother's philandering finally caught up with him, honor dictated that Noah claim his brother's widow as his own....

Standing on her doorstep, with his collar turned up and a rifle by his side, Noah was about the most intimidating man Katherine had ever seen. And though one man's false promises had already dashed her dreams, she instinctively trusted this stranger. Even more, Kate suspected she'd only be a fool this time if she didn't take a chance on Noah for the sake of herself...and her unborn child!



My Review:
My Shelfari friend, RS, gave this book 5 stars, so I thought I'd try it too. So glad I did. Perfect story. "Tortured or Scarred hero" is one of my favorite storylines and this is one of the best examples I've read. I love that Noah is a "good man", and not a former bad one injured in a fight, but instead through a accident. Book was very down to earth and real-wonderful hero and heroine, great secondary characters too. I plan to read more of this author's books in the future. Highly recommended-5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment