Sunday, January 3, 2010

Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon Green


Agents of Light and Darkness
Simon Green
Nighside series book 2
240 pages
2003

Read For:
RYOB Challenge
2010 Fantasy Challenge
Countdown Challenge
Paging All Bookworms Challenge

Synopsis:
A quest for the Unholy Grail-the goblet from which Judas drank at the Last Supper-takes private eye John Taylor deep into the secret, magical heart of London...called the Nightside.

My Review:
I tried reading this book about a year ago and stopped about twenty pages in. At the time the author's repeated "I'm John Taylor, I find things" statements were just too hokey and got on my nerves. Well, I hope to read and get rid of many books this year so I thought "I'll try it one last time and if it still sucks, out it, and the rest of the series goes (my husband loves this series and has read almost all of them).

Well, I'm glad I tried this book a second time, as it was very fast and enjoyable. Green excels at world building. Great urban fantasy- 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment