YIKES! I'm getting a very late start of this, which means I'll probably not finish all 15, but I'll give it a good try:)
Summer 09 Challenge FAQ’s June 1 - August 30
1. Select ANY number of books to read that fit the category. (I changed this rule from 5, 10, or 15 books!)
2. Post your list on the discussion board and blog (Name’s Summer Challenge List)
3. If you need title suggestions please use the Discussion titled SUMMER TITLE SUGGESTIONS if you don't see it please search (to try and minimize number of discussions)
4. Once you have read a book please find the corresponding discussion by searching you can search by 09 Summer # and use the number that corresponds with the list. (one will be created for each number on June 1, again, to try and minimize number of discussions) and post the book and title you read and rating, and review.
5. It is not required, but if you could post your review on the blog that would be great.
6. Reviews on the blog please include labels list the rating, author, and # of challenge only.
7. Audio books are okay
8. Rereads are okay
9. You can change your list at anytime
1. Read a Title with a Sports Theme-UNFINISHED-An Uncontional Marriage by Alice Holden
2. Re-read a favorite-UNFINISHED-Desire by Amanda Quick
3. Read a Title by Linda Howard-UNFINISHED-Raintree: Inferno by Linda Howard
4. Read a Title published before 2000-DONE-Beguiled by Susan Spencer Paul-4 stars.
5. Hot word for summer (heat, sun, fire, fever, hot, blaze....)-UNFINISHED-Lady Sunshine by Claudette Williams
6. Read a book that takes place in a warm location (Florida, Caribbean, Hawaii, etc...)-DONE-Lady Savage by Donna Simpson-4 stars
7. Unlikely hero/heroine (whatever that means to you. overweight heroine, nerdy hero...)-DONE-Prospero's Daughter by Nancy Butler-4 stars.
8. Author with last name that starts with same letter as your last name.-DONE-Fortune's Child by Rachelle Edwards-2.5 stars
9. Schoolmarms/Teachers/Governess...(it's summer no more classroom, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks!!)(AAR is a good tool for this one!)-DONE-The London Belle by Shirley Kennedy-4 stars.
10. Title with a person of royalty (Duke/Princess/Marquis/Queen...)-DONE-The Wicked Earl by Margaret McPhee-4 stars.
11. Title with an "S" for Summer-UNFINISHED-Sweet Vixen by Maggie McKeever
12. Food type word (Sweet, Tasty, Cake, Lick, Bite...)-DONE-Passionate Thirst by Cameron Dean-3 stars.
13. A Title Read/Reviewed in the Spring Challenge...-DONE-Halfway To The Grave by Jeanine Frost 4 stars.
14. Reader's Choice...-UNFINISHED-The Glass Palace by Mary Ann Gibbs
15. Double Trouble, ( a story with a twin or twins )...