Saturday, January 24, 2009

Murder At God's Gate by Lynda S. Robinson

Read For:
RYOB Challenge
2nds Challenge
A to Z Challenge


My Amazon Review:

disappointing second novel....
,
January 24, 2009


this second novel in the Lord Meren Ancient Egyptian series, was not as good as the first. It took me a week to slog through this book, and towards the end I had to practically force myself to finish it. The storyline was much more "court intrigue" than mystery. The main problem was the author introduced so many new characters, that it was hard to tell which was which as well as taking away from the relationship between Lord Meren and his adopted son Kysen, which was the most enjoyable thing about book one.

I'll still try the next book in the series as I've already invested so much in the series, but I wouldn't suggest this particular book as a stand alone.
2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment