Saturday, December 6, 2008

Challenge #10


Winter Challenge #10

Read a book that has a Viking or Pirate in it!

Book: The Blue Viking
Author: Sandra Hill
391 pages
2.5 stars

My Amazon Review:

cute but a bit silly......, December 5, 2008

this was my first Sandra Hill book. I had heard that her books were comedic so I had high hopes for this book. I was mildly disappointed.

Overall, it was a cute story. It kept me mostly entertained, although I had to pretty much force myself through the last 100 pages as the storyline got VERY silly to downright stupid. Two things would have made be give this book a higher rating. First, the issue with Maire's son should have been concluded a lot sooner in the story, and the heroine's failure to do so really brought her character down in favor to me. Finally, too much comedy, not the right balance with the serious and dramatic, and the comedy was more sophmoric than clever.

If you've never read one of this author's books, be forewarned-there is a lot of sex, and very explicit. While not a problem for me, it may be an issue for some.

Overall, an OK romance that while I wouldn't recommend, I'll certainly try another of this author's books to see if she improves.
2.5 stars.


Readers Of Romance Winter Challenge-Join The Challenge here

No comments:

Post a Comment