Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Almost" Challenge #5




I picked this book for Readers of Romance Winter 08 Challenge #5: A book with Kiss, Love or Heart In The Title.

Unfortunately, this book was so horrible (to me) that I quit it at 90 pages and will pick another book for this challenge.

Here is my Amazon review (or warning in this case-LOL):

unpleasant medieval romance......, December 13, 2008

I agree with the other reviewer, this book is not worth reading. I quit after ninety pages, frankly sickened after reading about several murders, a lady in waiting being raped and murdered, the heroines sister being raped by the hero's twin brother, and the final straw, the hero's almost rape of the heroine. Horrible enough, but add to it attempted suicides, deceitful relatives and just plain bad writing and I just couldn't stomach anymore of this book.

Definitely not recommended-zero stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment